Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Old gears for new weavers

R 10 Macomber 1950
Recently I have had a request for images for loom parts that are no longer being made for Macomber Looms. So this one is for you Deanna!

This is a R 10 - a limited production loom from 1950. It has a fly shuttle and the auto-advancing cloth beam.
R 10 auto-advance gears

R-10 Macomber from the back.
Unfortunately I do not know much more about this loom. I do know that the auto-advance and the fly shuttle are no longer being made by Macomber.
If anyone has one of these looms...I know others would love to hear about it and see photos!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this, Sarah! I love these pictures - and I love these machines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just been given a loom I believe is this model. I very happy to see pictures of it and hope I can restore mine soon.

    ReplyDelete

24" 8 Harness CPJ Macomber for sale

  24" 8 Harness Macomber CPJ Portable Loom for sale. Double back beams with friction brake and warp separator. 4 reeds, storage box, 2 ...