Saturday, January 9, 2016

Weaving in a new community art project!


This week I launched a new community art project ~

Well Used, Well Loved

A community art project that explores age and beauty

Will you consider joining me in this reflection on age and beauty?

I am seeking 8 individuals or households to "adopt" a hand-woven linen towel to use for six months. You will be asked to record periodic reflections and observations in a small journal that will be provided. Each site will be invited to have a "kitchen table conversation" with me at least once during the time period.

At the end of the six months, I will collect the used towel, exchanging it for a new towel as a thank you for participating in the project.

The eight Well Used and Well Loved towels will be the centerpiece for an installation grounded in an exploration of aging and beauty.  The journals (or text from them) will also be a part of the final installation.

If you are interested I will ask you to sign a participation agreement. You will agree to use the towel, to communicate during the project's 6 months, to write in a journal, to return the towel at the end of six months.

Please visit the project blog and my website for more info.




Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. I would love to participate, but I am a widow who lives alone. Will that fit your criteria?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your interest in Well Used, Well Loved!! All people are welcome! I have filled the Linen group (only 8) - but still have openings in the Paper group (unlimited for now). I'll be posting more about this or you can go to my visitors book on the link and send me your email address to get more info. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I don't have a dishwasher, your linen towel would get a good workout. I would love to participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine ~ the project has begun...but you can participate by purchasing a hand-woven towel and a journal - and let me know. I'll include you in the questions, discussions and FB group. I'll look forward to hearing from you!

      Delete
  4. Sarah, Are all of your towels placed in good homes? If not, I am interested in fostering one! Great project. Erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erica ~

    This project began last January (2016) - and so sorry -- the towels have all been well used and loved! Check out the project blog - www.wellusedwellloved.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

24" 8 Harness CPJ Macomber for sale

  24" 8 Harness Macomber CPJ Portable Loom for sale. Double back beams with friction brake and warp separator. 4 reeds, storage box, 2 ...