Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter is a time for weaving !

Here in Maine it is a blustery, stormy day. The Solstice in about two weeks away. I love this time of year. It is conducive to long hours in the studio, hunkered down with my threads, color, texture and patterns. I have been away from my blog, and way over-due for a refresher posting. So here's news that's been waiting!


Last month I completed a small commission on one of my CP looms. Here it is in process. And then a photo of the same piece with embroidery in process. I'll have photos of the piece completed soon (waiting for those from the professional photographer!).




At the Macomber shop looms are being built and shipped.  Here's a happy weaver with his new loom!

Keith in New Brunswick Canada with his new 40" 8 H Macomber Loom!

Did you know that you can get reeds in any size from Macomber? Rick was mentioning to me that he can special order reeds, even if it your loom is not a Macomber.

Did you know that you can send your loom back to the shop, where they will lovingly restore it? I had a student who did this with her CP, and she is SO happy!  Her 30 year old loom is like new.


I have promised more photos and will drop in the shop this week to get photos of the current looms in process, as well as a bench photo.


Meanwhile, for a treat check out this fun seasonal video of sheep herding.

Happy weaving to all! Light and hope to each of you ~ Sarah


 

3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful piece that you wove. I especially love the bird!

    That is so cool that Macomber will refurbish a loom. Having just done that myself for a Toika loom, I know it's a lot of work. A lot.

    Happy solstice!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading! Wonderful video ... and fun to watch! Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    The video was great, such busy sheep.
    Thank you for the Macomber loom information and all the other info you provide.
    Your weaving is beautiful!
    Wishing you a wonderful solstice.
    Marge

    ReplyDelete

24" 8 Harness CPJ Macomber for sale

  24" 8 Harness Macomber CPJ Portable Loom for sale. Double back beams with friction brake and warp separator. 4 reeds, storage box, 2 ...