Friday, January 1, 2010

Once in a Blue Moon

Happiest of New Years to each of you! I hope that 2010 brings you much joy, good health and prosperity. I wish you many hours of weaving that offer a deep sense of pride in your efforts.


Yesterday, on New Year's Day eve, I wove this blue linen (left over from last month's small commission with the bird). As I was struck by the coincidence that last night was a blue moon and I wove this delicious blue fabric.

Blue is perhaps my favorite color, and this deep hand dyed indigio blue is simply my idea of perfection.


The blue fabric has been washed, pressed and pinned to hem it into towel. I just love it when I get a little unplanned bonus off a warp. Here is the hand towel ready to be hemmed.

January is my FAVORITE month to be in the studio. It is usually a slow month for teaching, there are no holidays that require gifts or decorating. I have long hours to sink into my work. Maine winters frequently serve up snowy days that require that I stay home in the studio. How sweet.

I hope the same for each of you ~ time to ponder, to reflect and honor the joys of building cloth by intersecting threads.Weave and bring joy to your world.

Peace, Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Sarah -

    I've woven a cottolin napkin on my "new" Macomber!! I'm sending you a photo via email so you can see it. Pretty darned impressive, if I do say so myself. I couldn't have done it without you. And some help from my son.

    May 2010 brighten your studio and your life with consistent light!

    ReplyDelete

24" 8 Harness CPJ Macomber for sale

  24" 8 Harness Macomber CPJ Portable Loom for sale. Double back beams with friction brake and warp separator. 4 reeds, storage box, 2 ...