Tuesday, March 2, 2010

CP brakes and a TLC gallery

Oh you wonderful weavers! Thank you for all the great images of your looms that have been lovingly restored. I will post a few here for viewing pleasure and perhaps a bit of inspiration for those of us who are contemplating a TLC effort!

Plus here is an extra bonus, a photo of the CP sectional friction brake system, as requested by a fellow weaver. Enjoy!! And happy weaving! 
A CP in California that has been restored.
Gertie, the lovingly restored vintage 1950s loom in upstate NY.

I will post more images soon. I also have a few images of adaptations that weavers have made to their looms. So stay tuned. Meanwhile...happy weaving!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Just read your post about ergonomics, and it is very relevant for me right now.....I am dutifully going to the chiropractor this week, after a few days weaving placemats. I think the loom I was using, in conjunction with the bench I was using, found me hunching over the loom. Now I am paying for it.
    I still haven't received payment for a loom I ordered for a customer from Macomber last July. What's up with those guys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Is the only braking system on a hand loom or Is there another type of braking system please.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures represent the brake system for Macomber Looms. Other hand looms use different systems.

    ReplyDelete

24" 8 Harness CPJ Macomber for sale

  24" 8 Harness Macomber CPJ Portable Loom for sale. Double back beams with friction brake and warp separator. 4 reeds, storage box, 2 ...